Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 84: Skydive

Let's start off with the fact that I'm afraid of heights. Today I jumped out of a plane at 11,000 feet in the air and fell to the Earth at 120 mph. I've done some crazy things, but I would have to say that this was probably the scariest, most exciting, adrenaline-packed thing I've ever done. When you're 2 miles in the air and the door opens and you sit outside of the plane before jumping... it was one of the craziest sensations of my life. It's hard to explain. Then you jump. Every sensation and feeling rushes through your head and body all at once. I jumped a few hours ago and still can't get myself settled down. I'm so glad that I did it. My tandem instructor was great and said that we had the 2nd hardest canopy opening that he's ever had. Nonetheless, it was one of the best experiences of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment