Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 171: Sensory Deprivation Tank


This was a crazy experience. I'll admit I was pretty nervous about this going in. When I first got in and shut the door, I was surprised at how easily my body just floated because of the massive amounts of salt that is in the water. It made me float before I was really ready and my head dipped back in the water and it was a very strange feeling. I could tell I was breathing heavy and my heart was beating faster than normal because there is nothing else to distract you from that. Completely silent. Completely pitch black. And you experience weightlessness. After fidgeting around a lot and calming down, I had a really bizarre yet extremely calm feeling. Just floating there. Completely random memories from my childhood ran through my head several times. People ran through my head. My whole life ran through my head like a fast-forwarded movie. Extremely vividly too. I didn't hallucinate like some people claim, but I could see that happening. I figured some stuff out that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile. I lost all sense of time while I was in there and really had a chance to reset and clear my head and that's why this was definitely one of my favorite firsts so far. Maybe this is a little hippyish of me to say, but honestly the thought that life is a funny thing just kept running through my head. It is. It's so serious and so odd and so funny and hurtful and joyful all at the same time and just living your life in the moment you're in now is all you can do. Don't worry about anything else because that's all you've got. Anything else is a waste and you don't won't to waste your life, you want to live it. I don't have much of anything in my life figured out right now and I realized that's ok because it'll all fall into place when it needs to. After resetting my brain and realizing all of that in this tank, I feel like I have more of "me" back now and that's pretty invaluable. Anyway, hippy-rant over. Everyone is different but it had a pretty big impact on me. Try this out!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment