Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 95: Eat Kimchi


I'm trying to eat some national dishes I've never had before for 365 Firsts. Kimchi is South Korea's national dish and consists of cabbage that is fermented in jars for months and combined with a bunch of spices. It sounds disgusting but it's really good and is also very healthy for you. Oriental Spoon here in Edwardsville has some fantastic traditional Korean dishes and anyone in the are should definitely check them out. Also, I know this is random and a lot of people have done this already, but I feel like Robin Williams was the king of random and would appreciate anything of the sort so I'm dedicating this day to him since he made me laugh so much in my childhood and watch movies such as Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji over and over and over again with. He also made me appreciate raw drama in my adulthood with Good Will Hunting which is still one of my favorite movies of all time. He seemed like he was a great man and he always made me laugh and he'll be missed by the world for those things and much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment