Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 57: Summer Kindness

365 Firsts/Day 57: 
Summer Kindness 


I almost got caught on this one! It's really hot today so I bought a couple of water guns and some bubbles and stalked the Walmart parking lot for an unassuming family or parent and kids. I came across a van that has one of those stickers on the back with the little stick figures on it that shows how many people are in the family and this one had FIVE kids. Perfect. I was getting stared at by four employees who were collecting carts and when I realized it I just kind of stared back and then turned around and got in my car and drove a little bit away and parked. Super sneaky, I know. At the exact moment I parked, a college aged kid came up to the van and saw the stuff, picked up the note and read it. The guy loaded the van full of groceries and shortly after that the mom and two little kids about age 7 and 5 came over. I saw them talking for a minute and then he got in the van and she opened the door. He had put everything in the drivers seat. She took out the note and started reading it and I saw her smiling a bunch and then she opens the back door where the kids are and hands them the bubbles and water guns. It was awesome to see her smile and actually see kids reaching for the stuff. I really hope they do go out and use them today because it wasn't about the actual items as much as it was about maybe getting a parent or two who is always so busy to take a break from the madness and have some fun with their kids because that's just as important as raising them in my opinion. I know I'm blessed with a good life so I might as well splurge a little for other people and spread some goodness or whatever you want to call it around every once in a while I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment