Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 62: Bake a Pie from Scratch

365 Firsts/Day 62: 
Bake a Pie from Scratch


I was waiting for a special occasion for this one and I thought baking a pie from scratch to celebrate my good friend Ash graduating from the University of Nebraska with her Master's Degree in Entomology seemed like as good of time as any. She's worked unbelievably hard for this and she deserves things like... blackberry pies. Pies for days! After she gets her Ph.D from Ohio State in a few years I'll have to make a Turducken-Pie-Cake or something. I also want to congratulate my good friend and fake sister Sandy for receiving her Master's Degree in Sports Management from the University of Tennessee who this pie is also for and who worked incredibly hard and also deserves pies for days! They're both pretty dang smart and cool. Now I hope they like blackberry pie because this was my first pie and it was all straight from scratch so I'm going to have to force feed it to them if they don't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment