Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 60: BE FEATURED IN MY OWN NEWSPAPER ARTICLE.

 
Check out the article here! http://goo.gl/uvLsfE

 Besides the times for sports back in high school, this is the first article that's ever been written about my personal life or 365 Firsts, so I'm really happy about that and feel very honored! The State Journal Register in Springfield, IL, and Dave Bakke who wrote this article are good people. Hopefully this can extend the reach of 365 Firsts a little bit and get more people to step out of their comfort zone and try new things and also do good for other people along the way. I've had a lot of you tell me that you've actually tried some new things because you've been keeping up with 365 Firsts and I've interacted with people on Instagram that have paid it forward with some of the random acts of kindness I've done. That is exactly why I'm doing this along with trying to enrich my own life and that makes me beyond happy to hear that and see it and I'm just really excited to see what else happens in this year. It's already been an insane year before I even started this project and there are 305 more days after today left in 365 Firsts. That's a lot of days. It's bound to get even better, tougher, scarier, crazier, exciting and any other adjective you wanna use. I am so happy I started this project because I have grown so much in just a short two month period and seen other people do great things and I'm totally dedicated to this and in love with the project. If I'm going to be 100% honest without sugar-coating anything though, there are also some days when it feels like a bit of a grind. It's not always easy, but days like today and people like you help to push me forward through any grind or frustration I may experience and I feel very grateful for that and I quickly remember how lucky I am that I have the opportunity to do this. That's all the motivation and reality check that I need. Thanks again for all of your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment