Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 356: Cook Breakfast for a Senior Living Center


365 Firsts/Day 356: COOK BREAKFAST FOR A SENIOR LIVING CENTER. This was one of my favorite firsts so far. I cooked breakfast along with a fantastic lady who I met today, Peggy, for a group of seniors that live at Concordia Village. Bacon pancake dippers. Serious stuff. I have zero elderly people in my life and never have since I've been 5 years old, so this was really nice to be able to interact with them and share what I'm doing with 365 Firsts. They seem to appreciate it more than a lot of other people I've come across. They understand life is a ticking clock more than a lot of people and new experiences are important and fulfilling. I also met a fellow Pretzel! She graduated in 1949. Overall, it was a great experience. Thanks Allison for helping me out with this! #365firsts #volunteer #seniorcitizens #springfieldil #breakfast #bacon #nomnomnom

1 comment:

  1. Old people always teach us something. I'd like doing the same or something similar :D

    ReplyDelete